The world’s first onstream analyser capable of reading gold in slurries and solutions in real time
- Ability to control your plant in real time
- Minimise gold losses from process excursions
- Live trends reported direct to the plant control system enabling immediate identification and rectifications of excursions
The fully self-contained OLGA module technology was developed by the CSIRO and is now being brought to the market by Gekko.
The OnLine Gold Analyser or OLGA is the first onstream analyser designed to read gold in slurries and solutions, giving operations the ability to see and control their plants in real time.
Delivering an updated sub-parts per million (ppm) Au measurement every 10 minutes, OLGA provides insights into process performance that are unobtainable with assayed sample sets.
This enables real-time monitoring and control of process systems and empowers mining operators to minimise gold losses from process excursions.
Onsite trials at a Queensland gold mine have been successful, with OLGA successfully tracking grade variations in real time for both flotation feed and flotation tails.
OLGA vs Assay Gold Sampling
Optimising the recovery of the processing plant is critical to maximising the value of the
investment and providing returns to shareholders. Embracing digital technologies such as the
Online Gold Analyser and utilizing real time data to continuously optimsimise operations is an
essential step in maximising the value of a deposit.
OLGA Features & Benefits
- Patented X-ray lenses reduce background levels of other elements, allowing direct real time measurement of gold (down to sub-ppm levels) in both slurries and solutions
- Live trends reported directly to the plant control system give operators greater visibility of gold in processing streams, enabling both real time process optimisation and immediate identification and rectification of excursions
- Simple, continuous feed system eliminates cross-contamination and maximises data availability
- Numerous data points and large sampling volumes ensure all grade variations are included in metal accounting figures
- OLGA is modular, skid mounted and all components are pre-integrated. This makes OLGA fast and easy to install.
Click here to download OLGA Technical Specification
The latest OLGA news
The trial of the OLGA on the flotation feed stream is a success, with the OLGA providing accurate, real-time readings of the gold in the streams. This represents a significant milestone in the ability to read gold grades in real-time and unlocks significant potential...
Step into the future with cutting edge, real-time gold processing instrumentation, data and analytics Picture shows the Carbon Scout and OLGA at Gruyere Mine in West Australia. Carbon Scout The Carbon Scout is a self-contained, ground-level sampling system which will...
The installation of the OnLine Gold Analyser (OLGA) and Carbon Scout took place earlier this year as part of the METS Ignited project, a collaboration between Gold Fields, Orway IQ, CSIRO, Curtin University and Gekko Systems. This collaborative project that brings...