Improve safety and accuracy of carbon concentration measurements in CIL/CIP circuits
- Online detection of carbon levels
- Automated carbon management system
- Single point of measurement for multiple CIL/CIP tanks
- pH and Dissolved Oxygen measurements
- XRF to measure gold on Carbon for real time gold circuit inventory.
- Save 3+ hours per day through automatic sampling
Adjunct Professor Dr Bill Staunton from Curtin University speaks about the operational theory of Carbon Scout
“A ground level, single sampling point, that provides accurate carbon measurements”
A collaboration with Curtin University in 2017 and subsequent installations have demonstrated that our advanced Carbon Scout technology will increase mining site profitability by reducing soluble gold losses.
By advancing the accuracy, regularity and consistency of sampling, the self-contained, ground-level unit will improve measurements in carbon-in-leach and carbon-in-pulp circuits to an accuracy of ±0.5 grams of carbon per litre of pulp.
The Carbon Scout will also greatly improve the safety of your operation by reducing operator exposure to cyanide and other hazards.
“The Carbon Scout is a safe, user friendly and effective means of obtaining regular and accurate carbon measurement data from the CIL circuit.”
– Chris Hitchen, Evolution Mining | Projects and Optimisation Superintendent
Features Carbon Scout
The latest Carbon Scout news
One of the great benefits of the Gekko Carbon Scout, a self-contained, ground-level sampling and carbon management system, is the potential time you save by switching from manual sampling to automatic sampling. With the Carbon Scout we have seen the potential to free...
Transferring carbon between tanks is traditionally done manually by the operators on site. This process can be inconsistent between operators, an inefficient use of the operators’ time and relies on the operator applying the correct logic to which pumps get turned on....
The team at Gekko Systems (Gekko) is excited to announce the release of the next-gen Mark 6 Carbon Scout. The Carbon Scout is a self-contained, ground-level sampling system that measures the pH, dissolved oxygen (DO), density and gold concentration in carbon-in-leach...
The Carbon Scout was developed by Dr Teresa McGrath and Adjunct Professor Bill Staunton from Curtin University, in association with Bill McCallum from Havilah Consulting.
Gekko Systems has licensed the technology from Curtin and is responsible for manufacturing, sales and aftermarket support of the Carbon Scout.
- Online detection of carbon concentration
- In circuit slurry density measurements
- Measurement of gold on carbon for real time gold circuit inventory
- Measurement of pH and dissolved oxygen
- Single point measurement of multiple CIL/CIP tanks
- A large consistent sample size that collects 10 times more slurry than manual sampling
- Sample extraction from each tank at a consistent location and depth
- More frequent tank sampling compared with manual sampling
- Integration with the plant process control systems (e.g. SCADA)
- A ground level sampling system for easy collection of gold-in-circuit (GIC) samples
- Programmable sampling frequency
How the Carbon Scout works
The process used by the Carbon Scout to determine the distribution of activated carbon produces results in line with manual carbon concentration measurements conducted by plant operators.
The process involves:
> Collecting a sample from the tank
> Screening the sample (to separate the pulp and activated carbon particles)
> Measuring the volume of the activated carbon particles
The accurate sampling capabilities of the Carbon Scout can be utilised for daily laboratory samples as well as future technology enhancements such as online density and mineral analysis.
The Carbon Scout utilizes a unique siphon system to deliver representative samples directly into the unit for analysis. Thus removing operator exposure to Cyanide solution, this machine improves safety, accuracy and consistency of carbon concentration measurements in CIL and CIP circuits.
Combined with SIMCIL process modelling the package will deliver improved carbon management, reduced gold solution loss and free up operators for more critical duties.
improves the accuracy, regularity and consistency of carbon density measurements in carbon-in-leach and carbon-in-pulp circuits
Safety and Security
The Carbon Scout also improves safety by reducing operator exposure to cyanide and other hazards.
helps gold mine operators optimise process plant efficiency and reduce soluble gold losses
Analyses 10 times more slurry than manual sampling to determine carbon density levels
Accurate and consistent carbon concentration measurements in CIL and CIP circuits while freeing up operators for more critical duties